Version 2.6.7 – Released November 9, 2015
- A new variable (%D) is now available for custom formats, allowing the user to insert a local date stamp
- JSON output is now beautified when exporting custom formats
- A README file has been added to the tree for use at GitHub
Version 2.6.6 – Released October 3, 2015
- Removed the updateURL from builds offered at my personal website. CoLT will now be hosted only at AMO.
- Converted the changelog to Markdown format
- Bumped the supported minVersion to 38.0
Version 2.6.5 – Released December 4, 2014
- Default formats can now be restored via the options dialog
- Reorganized the options dialog
- Displaying the CoLT context sub-menus is now slightly more efficient (they are no longer built on the fly)
- Error handler routines have been updated to use the reportError() call
- Bug Fix: Removed an erroneous instance in the options dialog where DOM elements were being created and never used
- Bug Fix: Selected item artifacts should no longer be left around when moving custom formats in the list
Version 2.6.4 – Released April 12, 2014
- Removed a few deprecated parameters from various internal functions
- Bug Fix: CoLT’s menu items were not working properly when only one format was present in the custom formats list
- Bug Fix: Improved the way migrating from ancient versions of CoLT works (prefs weren’t being fully migrated)
Version 2.6.3 – Released April 8, 2014
- Removed the following translations, all of which were mostly incomplete: cs-CZ, ko-KR, tr, zh-TW
- Bug Fix: Removed an invalid reference to the document object in CoLT’s common module, which prevented new installs from being set up properly
Version 2.6.2 – Released March 27, 2014
- Custom formats are now stored in a JSON file in the user’s Firefox profile, instead of as Firefox preferences
- Rewrote the export and import routines to support the new JSON file format
- Improved the way internal logging is handled
- Modified the way new-line characters are determined
- Bumped the minVersion to 24.0
- Bumped the maxVersion to 45.*
- Bug Fix: Redesigned the way data is passed between the browser and CoLT’s options dialog, fixing several errors that would appear in the browser console
- Bug Fix: Fixed a few places where DOM elements were erroneously being created and never used
Install Version 2.6.1 – Released April 29, 2013
- Changed the minimum supported Firefox version to 17.0, since the 10.x line is no longer supported
- Bumped the maxVersion to 30.*
- Various locale updates
Version 2.6.0 – Released February 16, 2013
- Added support for conditional expressions using the
- Added support for importing and exporting custom formats (useful for moving them between systems)
- Improved the way custom format events are handled
- Removed the embedded JAR file from within the extension’s XPI file
- Made a few minor improvements to the installer manifest
- Changed the minimum supported Firefox version to 10.0
- Bug Fix: Newly added separators now properly extend across the custom format dialog
Version 2.5.9 – Released November 5, 2012
- Added a Catalan (ca) localization
- Updated the Arabic (ar) localization
- Bug Fix: Once again altered the “insertafter” attribute of the “Copy Page Title and Location” menu. It should no longer appear above the “Copy” menu item when text is selected.
- Bug Fix: Corrected the changes to the nsITransferable interface made in the previous version (the initial recommendation from Mozilla was incorrect)
Version 2.5.8 – Released October 16, 2012
- Improved the use of the
nsITransferableinterface in preparation for upcoming private browsing changes in Firefox
- Changed the maxVersion to 25.*
- Bug Fix: Changed the
insertafterattribute for the “Copy Page Title and Location” menu items, to move them higher in the context menu for Firefox 16
Version 2.5.7 – Released April 13, 2012
- Improved the way percent signs can be escaped. You can now specify either ‘%%’ or ‘\%’ to get a literal percent character.
- Added logic to clear all custom formats if the extensions.colt.prefs_version setting gets cleared in about:config. Clearing this value is a handy way to reset to the default custom formats.
Version 2.5.6 – Released April 13, 2012
- Added the capability to specify access-key accelerators for custom format context menu items. Existing custom formats will have no key assigned; you must manually set them if upgrading from a previous version.
- Added the capability to insert a percent sign into a given custom format (simply escape the percent sign with a backslash character).
- Replaced the default FuseTalk custom format with the somewhat more prevalent Markdown format.
Version 2.5.5 – Released January 8, 2012
- Bug Fix: Rewrote the routine that handles doing the substitution for custom formats. This will prevent the mistaken translation of encoded characters within substituted text (URLs, for example).
Version 2.5.4 – Released December 13, 2011
- Added Unicode support (custom formats can now include extended characters)
- Added a new custom format variable for inserting tab characters (%B)
- Options are now stored under the more appropriate “extensions.” branch
- Removed a few extraneous menu updates during initialization
- Removed the obsolete contents.rdf files from each localization folder, reducing overall file size
- Changed the minVersion from 1.5 to 3.6
- Changed the maxVersion to 15.*
- Bug Fix: Several registered event listeners were not being removed on shutdown
Version 2.5.3 – Released August 17, 2011
- Bumped the maxVersion to 12.* to work around Mozilla’s annoying new release schedule
- Various locale updates
Version 2.5.2 – Released June 22, 2011
- Added support for Firefox 5 and 6
- Minor locale updates
Version 2.5.1 – Released January 9, 2011
- Bumped the maxVersion to 4.0.* to allow CoLT to work in all future Firefox 4 builds.
Version 2.5.0 – Released September 16, 2010
- Added capability to capture selected text when copying the page’s title and location
- Added the local time stamp to the available fields for custom formats
- A rich-text custom format is now one of the default formats for new installs of CoLT
- Added a new Swedish (sv-SE) localization
- Cleaned up some now redundant preferences used by CoLT
- CoLT licensing has been updated and relaxed.
- Bug Fix: Corrected a problem that caused CoLT to stop working in Firefox 4.0 builds
- Bug Fix: Copying as rich text now works properly if the rich text option is the only custom format in the custom format list (i.e. it appears as a top-level menu item)
- Bug Fix: Removing an item from the custom format list no longer causes the selected index to be cleared
- Bug Fix: Moving items around in the custom format list when the list contains many items no longer causes the selection to disappear
Version 2.4.7 – Released March 2, 2010
- Bug Fix: Page titles are now copied in a more appropriate fashion, and should no longer result in an undefined value on trunk builds of Firefox
Version 2.4.6 – Released December 1, 2009
- Bumped the
maxVersionto 3.6.* to support Firefox 3.6 builds
Version 2.4.5 – Released August 28, 2009
- Bug Fix: Removed a stray debug log message
Version 2.4.4 – Released May 5, 2009
- Bumped the
maxVersionto 3.5.* to support Firefox 3.5 builds
- Updated the Arabic (ar) localization
Version 2.4.3 – Released January 11, 2009
- Bug Fix: The "Copy Page Title and Location" menu items no longer show up in text input controls or on ‘mailto:’ style links.
- Bug Fix: The logic for showing the Copy Link Text menu items has been improved.
- Bug Fix: Repositioned the placement of the "Copy Page Title and Location" menu items.
Version 2.4.2 – Released January 11, 2009
- New Copy Page Title and Location option added
- New custom format variables allow users to copy the current page title, current page url, or link title attribute.
- Added a new Arabic (ar) translation.
Version 2.4.1 – Released May 18, 2008
- Bumped the
maxVersionto support Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 (and all future Firefox 3.0.x builds).
- Updated the Polish (pl-PL) translation.
- Updated the Portuguese: Brazilian (pt-BR) translation.
Version 2.4.0 – Released April 7, 2008
- New rich-text copy option (for pasting rich text URLs) now available.
- Added support for Firefox 3.0pre (includes beta 5 support).
- Minimum version changed to 1.5. Beginning with this build, Firefox 1.0.x is no longer supported.
- CoLT now exclusively uses a chrome manifest.
- Added a new Persian (fa-IR) translation.
- Added a new Polish (pl-PL) translation.
Version 2.3.0 – Released May 18, 2007
- CoLT now supports an unlimited number of custom formats for the ‘Copy Link Text and Location’ action.
- When only one format is available for the ‘Copy Link Text and Location’ action, it appears as a menu item, rather than an item in a sub-menu.
- Custom menu separators can now be added to the ‘Copy Link Text and Location’ sub-menu.
- Added a new Chinese Simplified (zh-CN) translation.
- Added a new Czech (cs-CZ) translation.
- Added a new Korean (ko-KR) translation.
- Added a new Lithuanian (lt-LT) translation.
Version 2.2.1 – Released September 24, 2006
- Added a new Dutch (nl-NL) translation.
- Added a new Ukrainian (uk-UA) translation.
- Brand new extension logo.
Version 2.2 – Released September 16, 2006
- Added support for Firefox 2.0 release candidate builds.
Version 2.1.1 – Released August 26, 2006
- Added support for Bon Echo Beta 2 builds (Firefox 2.0).
- Added a new Chinese Traditional (zh-TW) translation.
- Added a new Danish (da-DK) translation.
Version 2.1 – Released July 11, 2006
- Added a new Turkish (tr-TR) localization.
- Bug Fix: The "Display the ‘Copy Link Text and Location’ sub-menu" option could not be properly disabled.
- Bug Fix: The German (de-DE) locale had an untranslated string.
- Bug Fix: Removed an erroneous apostrophe in one of the English locale’s strings.
Version 2.0 – Released July 9, 2006
- Two new custom formats have been added for the "Copy Link Text and Location" action, bringing the total to three custom formats.
- A new option has been added, allowing the user to hide the "Copy Link Text" menu item.
- The "Copy Link Text and Location" menu item is now always shown as a sub-menu.
- CoLT now uses the nsIClipboardHelper service instead of the nsIClipboard service.
- Added support for Bon Echo alphas (Firefox 2.0).
- Added a new Slovak (sk-SK) translation.
- Extension description has been localized.
Version 1.3.2 – Released May 7, 2006
- Added a new Russian (ru-RU) translation.
- Added a new Spanish (Spain) (es-ES) translation.
Version 1.3.1 – Released May 4, 2006
- Added a new French (fr-FR) translation.
- Added a new Italian (it-IT) translation.
- Added a new Japanese (ja-JP) translation.
- Added a new Spanish (Argentina) (es-AR) translation.
Version 1.3 – Released March 12, 2006
- A new option allows the "Copy Link Text and Location" menu item to show up as a sub-menu, presenting all three options to the user at once (plain text, HTML link, custom format).
Version 1.2 – Released February 20, 2006
- A new %N parameter is now available for specifying a new-line in the custom format string.
- The plain text format for the "copy both" command has been updated.
- The "copy both" option is now enabled by default.
- The default format for "copy both" is now HTML rather than plan text.
Version 1.1 – Released February 17, 2006
- New option allows you to add a new context menu item, which copies a link’s URL and text at the same time. You can even select what format you want the
data copied in (or supply your own custom format). Very handy for blogs!
Version 1.0 – Released January 7, 2006
- New German (de-DE) translation added.
- Automatic update support added.
- New extension icon.
Version 0.9.2 – Released November 2, 2005
- Firefox 1.5 RC1 support.
- New Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR) translation added.
Version 0.9.1 – Released October 5, 2005
- Bug Fix: Chrome registration problem fixed in 1.5 beta builds.
Version 0.9 – Released October 4, 2005
- Initial public release