Firefox Extensions & Tutorials
Born Geek is proud to offer a couple of extensions for the Firefox web browser, as well as several extension development articles.
- Copy Link Text (CoLT)
- Copy a hyperlink’s text with the click of a mouse button using this small extension. Also supports copying the hyperlink text and URL at the same time, in a variety of formats.
- Googlebar Lite
- A light-weight Google search toolbar featuring 12 available search types, search term highlighting, search history auto-completion, and more.
- Toolbar Tutorial
- An extensive guide on how extension development works in Firefox. Every aspect of basic extension development is covered in detail: scripting, skinning, packaging, and testing.
- Automatic Firefox Extension Updates
- Learn how to add automatic update support to extensions that you host on your own website. This article covers update manifests, signing them with the McCoy tool, and a few web server tricks to get things served up properly.
- Profile Tutorial
- Learn how to make use of the Firefox profile system using this step-by-step tutorial. Useful for those new to nightly build testing or extension development.